Re: rolling in LA........

From: dj (djash)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 17:17:28 PDT

    Sharon wrote:
    Sorry I can't remember the date.

    The date was 1989 during the world series. In the city itself highways
    crumbled, bridges/over-passes fell and the city burned in many areas and
    there were people trapped for long periods of time. Sadly, some people
    did not get out and died. A big section of the bay bridge fell down. It
    was very bad in some areas but less in the surrounding bay areas. My mom
    and younger brother live there. During the shaking, my brother ran out
    of the house as my mother took cover under a doorway. I told my brother
    I couldn't believe he ran out without mom. He said" Hey, it was every
    man for himself." But, seriously, it was the worse he had ever been in.
    They both admitted to being scared. No damage was done to the house and
    no one hurt in their area.... but again, they are in the southern bay
    area, well outside the area.
    I'm glad your cousin made it safely out of the city. I can't imagine the
    panic.
    Donna

    ---