Re: Balsa foam

From: Rick (rlarson)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 16:07:46 PDT

     This reminded me of a material that I used in college. It was sold in blocks
    and looked like pourous glass, blackish in color. It smelled of hard-boiled eggs
    while being worked. Does anyone else know of this stuff? It was really easy to
    carve on. Probably not the best to work with without a mouth mask now that I
    think about it. Betsy
    Fran Marze wrote:

    > I have used the smaller blocks with high school students; the blocks carve

    ---