Re: NAEA (Pam/Nancy)Culture presentation speakers..

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 12:00:47 PDT

    Just in this local area we have had Native artists present. One reason was
    of course to see how art is viewed from within a culture. I'm sure that with
    just a little planning several top notch artists could be presented at national.
    I've taken a workshop from Barbara Gonzales (grand daughter of Maria Martinez).
    That was in Lawrence, Kansas. They have a different artist each year in conjunction
    with a Juried Indian Art Show. At a local high school we had Jody
    Fowell of Santa Clara
    do a workshop. Lawrence Art Center had Jody's daughter Susan as Artists
    in residence
    about two years ago. So I got Jody and Polly Rose to visit my students.
     I'm sure every
    one of us could suggest a few really good examples. All the committee
    at national needs
    to do is ask for suggestions. They would get plenty.
                                    Just a suggestion, Woody in KC

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail
                               click on wduncan