RE: Balsa foam

From: Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 11:47:21 PDT

    Balsa Foam has been around for a long time. It is in the Sax catalog on p.
    309. I personally have used it. If you are going to print with it, you
    need to spray it with a fixative first otherwise the results will be
    mottled. If you are going to carve with it, be careful of the dust it
    creates. I know people have used it with younger children because it is
    easy to carve with simple tools, but I probably would use it with middle
    school and over because of the dust. Hope this helps. Judy