Re: NAEA

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 06:46:50 PDT

    Sharon Henneborn wrote:

    > My biggest peeve is presenters that do not accurately describe the
    > workshop. Sometimes you sit and think they will get to the "beef"
    > When they don't you wish you had walked!

    Sharon and others,

    In defense of inaccurate descriptions: sometimes NAEA rewrites the
    description you sent with your proposal, and does a terrible job of it. They
    _completely_ mangled the description of a hands-on workshop I gave a few
    years ago; I was mortified because I knew my real presentation would not meet
    some people's expectations. But after explaining the problem to the
    attendees, they were game and stuck it out. I wish more people would announce
    that their presentation was written wrong in the catalog.

    Maggie

    ---