RE: Don'tchaloveit

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 05:02:07 PDT

    Gelato,

    > So now what I need from you is some help with a good tack and good
    > comeback. Can't be too nasty. She bites. Got any good terms you can
    > share given these circumstances?

    What I think you need to do right now is to approach the situation and this
    parent by establishing some common ground. This should be easily done on
    the basis of the student's performance and achievement and of the standards
    themselves. See if you can invite the parent to be a part of the process,
    to sit down and discuss the standards. If there are parts which are vague,
    both of you look them over - perhaps she/he is simply misunderstanding
    something, or needs some points explained. I think you said this parent is
    a teacher; perhaps she/he is having trouble shifting standards and
    performance from her/his own subject area to art.

    Larry

    ---