Just back from LA

From: One of the Colmans (colmans1)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 02:33:35 PDT

    I had a wonderful time at NAEA. I had not been to a national for over 10
    years so it all seemed exciting and inspirational to me. I loved getting to
    know some of you artsednetters: Bunki, Mary, Maggie and of course Judy Nagel
    Thanks Judy! I wish I had had more time to attend the breakfast etc., but
    will plan that for next year. A big part of the conference for me was
    meeting and sharing a hotel room with a former collegaue; as well as
    reconnecting with someone I had taught with twenty years ago. I think it's
    all about connecting, sharing and networking with other art teachers. I
    love that aspect of a national convention. Of course, the spectacular
    California sunshine didn't hurt either. As far as my favorite workshop, I
    would have to say the one by Ken Vieth on visual problem solving for
    secondary students was outstanding. He was so inspirational. My friend and
    I bought his book " From the Ordinary to the Extraordinary" as soon as the
    Exhibitor's Hall opened the next morning. They sold out right away but we
    had ours for Ken to sign. I highly recommend that you secondary teachers
    take a look at this book.
    The Getty reception was spectacular: the views, the gardens, the
    architecture. I could go on and on. It was a little bit of heaven last
    Monday afternoon. Bunki, we didn't get back til 5:45 so I'm sorry I missed
    your workshop. I hope it went well.
    Here's to NYC in 2001! Hope you all have a good re-entry,
    Marian

    ---