Lowenfeld and DBAE?

From: lia (johns392)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 02:04:01 PDT

    Viktor Lowenfeld.....a diety? ...yes maybe...and he did much work and
    research in psychology and child development and
    art...specifically....but...he did not have anything to do with
    DBAE....that would be Harry Broudy and others after him.... by about 35-40
    years. Lowenfeld is called the "father of art education" by many and
    his philosophical base is in child centered education....whereas DBAE...is
    considered subject centered. Try Creative and Mental Grouth... his book
    which outlines stages of creative development in children..... It is a
    classic.....and critical resource I think.... His ideas I think are
    variously interpreted....especially today.... You should read and decide
    for yourself.....give him some time...he is worth it.
    ..lia