Re: Refugee children showcase their art

From: Artemis420
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 22:43:37 PDT

    In a message dated 4/5/00 2:47:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rojul
    writes:

    << Yes I was also very surprised to see someone answer Lawrence´s(Larry)
     letter like this.
    >You all know that almost all boys do this kind of art when given free
    choice;
    >certainly in my classes in this country and even those who have only,
    maybe,
    >seen it on TV.
    >Artie
     I think we must never under estimate the value of art creation for everyone
     and maybe even more especially those who have experienced first hand
     something atrocious like war. Boys that come from regular life in our
     western world may draw things they see in movies, computer games etc. but
     it will never be the same reasons behind their creations and to them it
     really is just a "game" not reality. >>
    The interpretations placed on my innocuous response are ludicrous.
    A simple observation.
    Get over yourselves.
    Artie

    ---