RE: NAEA (whew!)

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 22:16:24 PDT

            Since it was my first national conference, I really can't compare it to
    anything other than the Texas conference in November. They seemed better
    prepared for the large numbers of people. People were not standing out in
    the hall because the room was so packed. I went to both museum and
    elementary meetings, and was please with the information. I've already taken
    ideas from the workshops and applied it to our education program planning
    draft.
            I was shocked at the closed-minded attitudes and rudeness of a few people.
    If you don't like the presentation, it doesn't meet your expectations leave
    especially if it is one of the free meetings. Don't sit and complain to your
    friend, so no-one else can hear. Our educator recommended a small place
    across the streets to someone complaining about the price of food. The woman
    actually said - I won't leave the hotel it is in a bad neighborhood. Sunday
    we left for a while (both feeing claustrophobic) went to the MOCA and
    Chinatown. We found some great inexpensive items to add to still-life and
    some great paper for collage.

    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator