Re: rolling in LA........

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 20:04:54 PDT

    from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
    Los Cerros Middle School
    968 Blemer Road
    Danville, CA 94526
    ********************
    > She wasn't pulling my leg. I watched the destruction on the news and
    > a few months later she gave me a tour and I saw the buildings next to
    > her office building collapsed into the bottom floors.
    >
    > My cousin told about driving underneath on a double decked bridge and
    > looking in his rear view mirror and seeing the top deck collapsing
    > behind him. He raced to get off the bridge watching the collapsing
    > bridge chasing him. He described it as very surreal as if he were in
    > an animated movie. The bridge was on the news showing trapped
    > motorist who were not so lucky.
    >
    > Neither of these people have that kind of imagination to make it up or
    > embellish the story. Sorry I can't remember the date.
    *******************

    Sorry, Sharon. I guess my answer was a little "flip" and I apologize. Must
    have been my frame of mind at the time...I was trying to be humorous about
    the recent convention in LA.

    Yes. There was one badly collapsed freeway section which killed several
    people. Part of the Bay Bridge also collapsed and one person was killed. The
    only collapsed houses I saw were the few built on the marina (sandfill)
    area. I did not see one building in the city collapsed.

    LA's earthquake was much bigger...and "badder"...than SF's was.

    Moving on...I'm wondering, after seeing your bandaged hand this past
    weekend, how in the world you're able to type?...the "peck" method? Great
    seeing you, sharing breakfast, and congratulations again on being chosen
    elem. art teacher of the year! Super! Toodles.......

    ---