Re: NAEA a let down

From: gregjuli
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 20:08:43 PDT

    I guess what made me feel so up about the conference was the people and the place. I went
    from 40 degrees to 80 and sunshine!---- and got to meet some wonderful art educators.
    I can't say that I was all that impressed with the presentations, but I admire the people
    that took the time to write proposals and give the presentations.
    One workshop was a total disappointment, not at all what I expected. It was more like a
    Girl Scout project ( in fact it was with a kit). I really enjoyed the Binney & Smith
    Portfolio Series workshop.
    One of my highlights was meeting with the Middle Level Division committee and getting
    involved with that group. We need more people to mark that they are middle level
    educators on their membership (51% of class time with middle school level) if we are to
    get more presentations for middle school and better placements. It seemed most middle
    school presentations were on Monday ( not a good time since most people went to the Getty
    ).

    MaryB