art lovers and animals

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 19:57:49 PDT

    Often art lovers and animal lovers are one in the same. Just want to address
    all animal lovers out there specifically dog owners of older dogs
    Our dog is 14 years old (98 in human terms) she has arthritis. About a year
    ago
    she was given arthritis medication and it worked but is hard on the stomach.
    About
    six months ago I started giving her glucosamine and chrondroitin with the
    vets blessing and she improved greatly - now she gets shots of the
    combination - it is called adequan. She plays with our 3 year old beagle
    like she is a young dog. She
    just had oral surgery to pull 5 loose and decayed teeth. Rallied so well
    in spite of being still for almost l8 hours due to the anesthetic. By the
    way glucosamine and chrondroitin (all natural) work very, very well for
    humans - have been taking it for 3 years and when I forget it the joint pain
    flares up. Since we artists sit alot and as teachers are on our feet alot I
    thought that any of you that did'nt; know and had arthritis would like to
    know. Tai Chi is supposed to be good also for people that sit
    and do art but I am so uncooridinated I almost tie myself in a knot. <l:-)
    Roberta

    ---