Pantyhose Wire Sculpture

From: BaaaRamU
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 19:16:13 PDT

    I made up a sample of the pantyhose sculpture before trying it with my sixth
    graders. It turned out fine, but I am not sure how to paint it now. Do I
    need to gesso it first? Or does it paint okay with just tempera or acrylic?
    Also, how have you had the students paint them? With pattern, plain?
    Assigned color scheme? I'm not sure what guidelines to give them in painting
    them. What kind of painting has been most successful for you? And has
    anyone tried them with a group as young as sixth graders?
    Thanks for any help. It is MUCH appreciated!
    Holly

    ---