Re:NAEA a let down

From: croberts (b2w6w4kn)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 17:34:11 PDT

    >The National was a let down this time around with very few hands on
    workshops and a
    >lot of disertations being read. I was glad that I had not shelled out for
    as much as
    >others. I felt bad for those folks. On the bright side it was really nice
    to meet all
    >the Artsedneters and Judy from Sax.Thanks for the tags Judy. Did anyone
    else go and
    >feel they had a great time and stuff that they could use???
    >
    >Suzette

    Hi, Suzette...

    I didn't feel there were enough secondary presentations but I talked to
    someone who is involved and he said they did not receive anymore secondary
    presentation applications.

    And you were right...I thought some of the paid hands-on workshops were not
    described good enough...because there were so many that were so
    elementary...and you would have never have known it from their descriptions.
    Many of them, I just walked out of.

    And I believe there were less vendors this time...many of them were art
    schools...but that may be due to the "far west location".

    I did enjoy getting together with everybody though and it was great for Judy
    to provide those.

    Carolyn Roberts

    ---