RE: Photoshop and Arcimboldo

From: D. Sterner (dsterner)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 14:23:47 PDT

    Teri Brudnak said:
    I had them find a portrait of a famous person and use it as a
    bottom layer. They then proceeded to recreate the face in a top layer by
    cutting, pasting and copying textures and shapes from pictures of fruit,
    leaves, gemstones and a lot of other shapes. I have a lot of stock photo
    cds and clip art books. The rubber stamp tool got a work out. They
    learned a lot about textures and adjusting for values. The photo layer
    is then deleted and they can put in another background.
    I had no idea they would love this project--never attempted it
    myself--until we were ready to do it. The finished ones look amazing. My
    collage was of Bob Dylan made of leaves. I will try and post some on our
    web site.

    This might make a great addition to the photo club for the Getty list
    members. Please consider trying this as I would love to see some of the
    projects.

    See the Gettylist Photo Album at: http://members2.clubphoto.com/art216973/
    click the link above to get there.
    To add your own stuff:
    Login = artednetter Password = gettylist
    select the album to which you wish to contribute...and look for the edit
    option.

    -=deb=-

    ---