Re: MASKS (not ever tried this; whats the next step?)

From: Sharon (sharonbk)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 11:52:53 PDT

    I'm currently making masks with my students. Examples are found on my
    website (http://home.adelphia.net/~sharonbk) in the sections on "Egyptian
    Art" and in the "Virtual Student" section.

    The first time I did this (in January) I just used vaseline on the student's
    face. This time, however, I used both vaseline and a wet paper towel due to
    some skin irritation the first time. (Plus, it's sort of scary covering the
    eyes, knowing that the plaster could seep into them....)

    The mummy masks that we're making now are turning out great! Since I have
    relatively small classes, I've been the one to do the actual plastering, but
    I have students that I could trust to do this. After the mask is off the
    students face (I wait about 15-20 minutes), I have them finish covering the
    nose with a couple of small strips.

    Anyhow, if you have any questions, please feel free to email.

    Sharon
    sharonbk
    Artwork & Lesson Plans, Genealogy Info, etc.
    http://home.adelphia.net/~sharonbk

    ---