re: new topic (summer programs)

From: Teri Mason (terily)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 08:28:53 PDT

    I teach an Art Camp at my home studio each summer. I charge $100 per
    child for 5- 3hr sessions. I provide all materials, a camp t-shirt and
    a snack each day (as well as a camp photo - 5x7 in a frame- at the
    end). We do cool stuff that I can't do with a larger group. I limit
    enrollment to 10 per session. So far, I've done only 2 sessions per
    summer (one week, a morning and an afternoon session). The camp is
    growing, though, and I may have to make more sessions in the future.
    However, I will not raise the size, as 10 is a comfortable number to fit
    into my studio at one time.

    Last year we made homemade sketchbooks, handmade paper, batik, tie-dye
    camp shirts, candles, etc. This year we are planning rainsticks,
    garden stepping stones, puppets, picture frames (for the camp photos),
    etc.

    Good luck,
    teri

    ---