Refugee children showcase their art

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 05:31:03 PDT

    Lawrence A. Parker
    Philosopher/Educational Consultant
    The Ohio Center for Critical Thinking Instruction
    http://www.acorn.net/lists-ht/occti.html
    Truth, Honor and Courage

    I think someone had asked on the list some time ago about art works done by
    children which relate to war experiences. Found this today:

    Refugee children showcase their art

    BALTIMORE (AP) - The pain of war and its effects on the psyche of a child
    are evident in the pictures they draw with markers, crayons and chalk.
    Death, blood, tanks and tears: common elements in the drawings of children
    who fled war-ravaged homelands in Europe, Africa or the Middle East. Works
    of young refugees from around the world are part of the "Far From Homeland,"
    an exhibit making its U.S. debut at the Baltimore Lutheran Center. It's the
    first time the collection is being displayed outside of London and Greece.
    The exhibit, organized by the London International Gallery of Children's
    Art, showcases drawings by refugees who fled from Kosovo, Croatia,
    Bosnia-Herzegovina, Western Sahara, Iran, Iraq, Turkey and Syria.

    ---