Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
I really need some good data on why the school
>district should spend the extra on the G4's and not the imac and this lab
>will not be replaced for at least another 5-10 years.
>Tammie Tonniges, Teacher
>Tammie - We are about to do the same upgrade to our current lab (we use
>Illustrator, Photoshop & Quark). Here's what we argued:
1. The separate monitor & CPU of the G4 is better in case of monitor
failure. It happens!
2. 17" screen has higher resolution than 15" on iMac.
3. G4, in addition to a faster processor, is much more upgradable - a real
concern if you are going to keep 'em for a while.
4. Speed is REALLY important in graphics.
5. We know what we're doing, so why don't you just follow our advice (they
Hope this helps. Try calling a local business which uses Macs for graphics
applications and ask for their imput - a business person often has great
influence with admin. types. - Dennis in Wyo.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Tue Apr 04 2000 - 18:50:17 PDT