Re: Help? Need good arguments on Getting a G4 over The imac

From: Dennis Freeman (freemad)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 18:47:15 PDT

      I really need some good data on why the school
    >district should spend the extra on the G4's and not the imac and this lab
    >will not be replaced for at least another 5-10 years.
    >Tammie Tonniges, Teacher
    >
    >Tammie - We are about to do the same upgrade to our current lab (we use
    >Illustrator, Photoshop & Quark). Here's what we argued:
    1. The separate monitor & CPU of the G4 is better in case of monitor
    failure. It happens!
    2. 17" screen has higher resolution than 15" on iMac.
    3. G4, in addition to a faster processor, is much more upgradable - a real
    concern if you are going to keep 'em for a while.
    4. Speed is REALLY important in graphics.
    5. We know what we're doing, so why don't you just follow our advice (they
    did!).
    Hope this helps. Try calling a local business which uses Macs for graphics
    applications and ask for their imput - a business person often has great
    influence with admin. types. - Dennis in Wyo.
    >---

    ---