Just back from the getty

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 16:19:34 PDT

    I just came back from the Getty. They had a meeting about their resources
    on-line. Here is a quick summery:

    1. They are not discontinuing the list serve
    2. They are looking for partnerships with other museums/art groups to
    augment ArtsEdNet
    3. They are revising their website (due to be launched July 1st)
    4. They are adding Art Access to www.getty.edu it is an on-line catalogue of
    everything from the collection that they have been able to input. It has
    images, label information, sort and view artwork by subject, zoom in as see
    details of the artwork (I'm not sure the how good the details will be on
    line do to tech), video demonstrations of art techniques and conservation,
    and more.

    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator