Re: Principal problem?

From: John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 04:39:55 PDT

    Tom wrote:
    > Here’s an interesting situation for all you art educators out there.
    > Our 8 year old daughter attends second grade at the local public school.
    > There is no art education available in this school system.
    > However, the Principal of the school cares very much about her own
    > artwork, so much so that it is the only artwork one sees in the school
    > outside of the classroom.
    > Tom
    > Island Center for the Arts
    > Skopelos 37003 Greece

    I just saw this post! I can't believe it and read it twice. I've
    never heard of this before. What is her answer to why she doesn't
    have art in her school? Can't there be a voluntary art program.
    That's what I did for my son's school a few years ago. Have you
    suggested such a thing. If you need a notebook on putting an art
    program together over the internet of other handouts for volunteers-
    I'll be happy to send them online to you. It's pretty outrageous,
    egotistical, and NON thinking of her to expose the children only to
    her work. YOu might post this question next week when a lot of the
    people on this list are not back from a large convention.
    Sandra

    astroboy

    ---