Re: pantyhose wire sculpture (LynnMarie)

From: Janjarreau
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 21:23:13 PDT

    paris Writes:
    <<
     Is the wood base everyone using 4" x 4"? How tall is it?
     Do you think hot glue will hold the wire in the holes? If not, what
     should I buy...three classes worth.
     Thanks for your input on these questions and feel free to add any other
     words of wisdom. I will be doing this lesson in three weeks.
      LynnMarie >>
    Hello LynnMarie,
    4x4 is a perfect size, but I believe 3 & 1/2 x 3 & 1/2 is a standard size.
    That type of wood is 3/4 inch high I think. Someone else uses hot glue but I
    used E6000 myself, however went with a new wood glue paste I think is put out
    by Elmer's. It is in a tub and is the color of butter. I will know tomorrow
    how well it works. I think E600 is fantastic, but was afraid of the
    sniffing. Sure enough when I introduced it today, one kid asked if it
    smells. Light bulb went off and I said never mind, we will just go with the
    wood paste. You can also check with Alenes' tacky glues. Don't get the
    Alenes' hot glue for wood because it doesn't go far at all, but is good. The
    tub of Elmers wood paste which is in a tub like margarine went a long way.
    100 students used it today (5 classes) and I still have half of a tub left
    over. They will love this project. Mine are ready to put on the hose
    tomorrow.
    Janice

    ---