wire/knee high hose sculpture lesson (first day success)

From: Janjarreau
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 20:48:10 PDT

    I did lesson 1 of the hose/wire sculpture today. It went wonderful. Today
    they marked the center spot of their woodblock, used an all and hammer to
    make a preliminary hole in the center. Next they put on safety glasses (1 at
    a time) and drilled a hole (with my brand new battery skill drill). Then
    they cut the hook part off of the clothes hanger with a wire cutter, and
    formed their shape (they did not untwist the hanger). Last they put a jelly
    bean worth of glue (Elmer's has a new wood glue that is a paste) over the
    hole and worked the hanger down into the hole by pushing and twisting. This
    was the only part I had to help them with. The kids are excited about putting
    on the hose part tomorrow. They will also gesso them tomorrow. They will
    paint them Wed. Thanks especially to Bunki and Sharon for all the advice. I
    will be sure and post the pictures ASAP. I had my portfolio review Fri.
    night and it went fabulous. The panel had a fit over the samples of these
    sculptures. They also couldn't ask enough about the painted paper collages
    from my last co-op experience (I brought several with me to show). I brag
    about this list all of the time. This is such a great source.
    LOL
    Janice

    ---