RE: HELP_WRITING ACTIVITIES LINKED TO HUMANITIES NEEDED

From: Freeland, Susan (FREELAS)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 09:19:47 PDT

    Alasann,
    I have had the students write letters to the artists regarding their
    work. Questions and statements need to use the elements of art as well
    as the principles of design.
    I've also had them compare two paintings. Let me know what you come up
    with. We are now responsible for our part of "Writing across the
    Curriculum". Personally I believe art is a far superior form of
    "Universal Communication" (they don't send English into space!!!) but we
    have to have these kids write and I try to slip in a little Art History
    wherever I can. I teach 6,7,8.
    Sue in Massachusetts

    ---