Art Students league and nudes-Re: Pennsylvania Academy of Art

From: John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 09:07:44 PDT

    Susan Bennett wrote:
    > I have not graduated from this school. but someone on the list asked for a
    > realistic place for portraiture. I remember seeing som very nice student
    > work from the Student's Artist League in NYC. There is an article in ARt New
    > this month about an instructor that taught there. Susan in Ohio
    If you mean the art student's league in NY, they never use to give
    credits. Anyone can go and it's a great place to learn from
    wonderful, talented, professional artists. I went there for a number
    of years, maybe it's changed, but it was always non-credit. When I
    hear some of you talk about not being allowed to have your kids
    display their work of a male nude I laugh. It seems absurd not to. I
    was drawing nude males at the art students league at age 14 from
    real models. It's too bad that America has such a hang-up on the
    nude body. If they ever want to change the perception that young
    adolescent males have about the female body they should grow up and
    stop covering up, and society will be better off.
    sandra
    astroboy

    ---