Re: Ok, Art Teachers; help me out here...

From: Susan Bennett (sbennett)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 07:39:02 PDT

    Back in th old days at Ohio State I took a perception course offered by the
    psychology department I think. It was a required course as I recall for art
    ed majors. There we were shown color mixing with light rays. It is different
    that oppaque mixing done with paint pigments. So what I remember learning
    that in painting the primary cololrs are red blue and yellow, but in light
    rays they are red blue and green. It seems that when blue is layered on top
    of green that the resulting color is yellow. We were shown how other things
    about spectrums. Like the absence of all color and the presence of all
    color. Susan in Ohio