Re: MASKS

From: Mcracker
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 19:20:28 PDT

    In a message dated 4/2/00 6:41:45 PM Central Daylight Time, djash
    writes:

    << djash (dj) >>
    I have tried damp paper towels, foil, saran wrap, working off forms, etc. and
    the only way I can get a really good impression of the maskee's face is with
    a coating of vaseline. The lips seem especially important in achieveing a
    real likeness...we use vaseline there, with a thin layer (one or two
    thicknesses) of toilet paper...just enough to keep the gunk out of the mouth.
    I've done this project for 20 years, five times per year, so I feel like I've
    seen it all! If they are squeemish about the vaseline, i offer all the other
    options. Just had a student write in his final evaluation " I wish I would
    have used vaseline instead of paper towel for my mask."
    Marcia

    ---