[Fwd: bogus Art News Subscript?]

From: dj (djash)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 16:20:35 PDT

    I subscribe to Art News magazine. I paid for my subscription and kept
    getting notices to pay for months or they would cancel. Writing didn't
    help but when I called they apologized and all is well.
    Donna

    attached mail follows:

    Hi All,
    I just got a collection notice in the mail saying "We all make a mistake
    - but you have not paid for the subscrioption to Art News that you
    ordered and received"
    Well. MAYBE I asked for and received a complimentary copy but I didn't
    ask for or receive a subscription ( I don't remember even getting a
    complimentary copy)
    I certainly have not been receiving it. Anyone else have this problem
    with that publication? I'm worried about the headaches to come dealing
    with a collection agency.
    Nora