Re: new topic

From: DrawntoU
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 12:23:39 PDT

    In a message dated 4/2/0 7:45:01 PM, litesal writes:

    << I've decided to teach calligraphy, and combine it with
    bookmaking. >>

        I did this once and had the students use poetry or song lyrics. They
    used part or all of the poem/song, and created books to go with the theme.
    One used a shoe as the "cover", cut "children" holding hands from folded
    paper, lettered "There was an old woman who lived in a shoe..." across the
    whole thing, and glued the end "page" (child) inside the shoe so the rest
    spilled out. One did Shel Silverstein's "I eat my peas with honey..." in a
    round (pea-shaped) format, which was fan-folded and decorated with colored
    pencil drawings. It was a delightful project, and the students were very
    creative with it.
        Janealla

    ---