re: Re: CD-Roms- art interactives??? (KidPix)

From: Teri S. Mason (terily)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 08:39:11 PDT

    Roberta,
      The KidPix is pretty good for a drawing program... very low-level.
    Sometimes I have them re-create the project they did with the computer
    media. At a previous school, where I was granted computer lab time, I
    did a computer lesson with all grade levels. We did a painting project
    on paper, then re-created the same subject in digital format, using
    KidPix. For gallery night, we displayed both pieces together. It was
    very successful.
      Plus, with KidPix Deluxe, you can make slideshows, movies (I haven't
    done this so I don't know specifics), use pre-built "stamps" and
    backgrounds, textures, etc. It is very kid-friendly. It's also pretty
    inexpensive (I bought my own copy for $29).
    teri

    ---