Flags+Horses=Collage?

From: Vita23
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 07:02:51 PDT

    i am looking for ideas for a project I can do with 7th grade social studies
    classes. I will be showing them slides by Trumbull, David, Delacroix, Goya
    and Picasso, showing scenes from the American and French revolutions, as well
    as the Spanish Civil War. Most of the scenes in the paintings include horses
    and flags and I am trying to come up with a follow-up project including
    either one or both of these elements.

    It must be fairly simple since the room has no sink and supplies are limited
    although we have the basics; paper, lots of colored paper, glue, pastels,
    etc. I thought of a collage but don't like the idea of hauling tons of
    magazines to class and spending a lot of time looking for images. We will
    have about 40 minutes to complete the project. I would greatly appreciate
    any bright ideas you may have. Thanks, Vita

    ---