Re: CD-Roms- art interactives???

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler@ez-net.com)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 05:41:44 PDT

    Just wanted to say thanks to all the imput which definitely has helped me
    choose a few additional CD rom programs.

    As for the suggestion to the Intel Microscope....I thought the project was a
    neat idea, but if one has a digital camera and a software program such as
    photoshop, you could easily take pictures of outdoor plants, use perhaps
    even a macro setting...and then acquire the digital image and simply use the
    zoom feature on the toolbar, making an investment in the microscope
    unnecessary UNLESS there was a particular reason to couple the art lesson
    WITH the life sciences department. In that case, perhaps one could talk the
    science department into investing in the computer microscope.

    I definitely like your project idea, and will in fact try and work that one
    up this week! Very cool!

    Larry Seiler
    Landscape Paintings-
    http://www.artistnation.com/members/lofts/lseiler/
    Professional Plein Air Painters-
    http://nhstudios.com/NAPAPAFrameSet.html
    WetCanvas Artists pages- (shorter and quicker loading)
    http://www.wetcanvas.com/Gallery/S/Larry_Seiler/index.htm
    artist's personal site-
    http://cwinc.net/larryseiler

    ---