Re: new topic

From: Buerkle, Jennifer (buerklej.fl.us)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 15:14:41 PST

    I run a fee-based daycare type summer program for my center. It is a real
    moneymaker for us. I am almost embarrassed to tell you what our art projects have
    been. Last year, I took a crafts catalog and ordered every hokey kit and dohickey
    they had. Stuff I could never get away with during the year, and which ended up
    with completely foolproof products. Things like painter hats you decorate, mugs
    with inserts the kids drew, little boxes covered with sea shells, tie-dye, sand
    candles, etc. It was a really nice change and I didn't do any aesthetics, art
    criticism, history, etc. Just demonstrated and let them at it. I go nuts
    teaching like that all the time, but six weeks was fine.

    Jen