re: CD-Roms- art interactives???

From: Teri S. Mason (terily)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 06:31:37 PST

    Larry,
      I have several cd-roms in my classroom. I have two computers, a
    scanner and a color printer (plus a digital camera). Sounds great,
    right? Well, we almost never get to use them because I see the students
    only 1x per week and they are always working so hard on their other
    projects! I basically use the computers as a "center" when they finish
    work, but I have a hard time with kids rushing to finish to "play" on
    the computer. Or the big fight over who got there first, who was there
    longer, etc.
      Anyway, I like the one by the Chicago Museum of Art (can't recall name
    right now, it's at school). ArtRageous is also fun. I have KidPix and
    the Louvre cd, too. The most popular is KidPix because they like to do
    freedrawing on the computer.
      I'd love to have a lesson on computer art, but have never had the
    opportunity... at my school the lab is reserved all the time and in
    order for me to do a lesson, I'dhave to have it at the same time for
    like 2-3 weeks, so the kids could finish as a class. They won't let me
    reserve that much time. Oh well... anyone have any good ideas on how to
    get around this??

    teri

    ---