Horses+Flags=Collage?

From: Vita23
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 05:48:33 PST

    I will be presenting works of art depicting the American and French
    revolutions, as well as the Spanish Civil War, to 7th grade social studies
    classes. The artists shown are Trumbull, David, Delacroix, Goya and Picasso.
     Most of the scenes in the paintings include horses and flags and I am trying
    to come up with a follow-up project including either one or both of these
    elements.

    The project must be fairly simple since the room has no sink and supplies are
    limited although we have the basics; paper, lots of colored paper, glue,
    pastels, etc. I thought of a collage but don't like the idea of hauling tons
    of magazines to class and spending a lot of time looking for images. We will
    have about 40 minutes to complete the project. I would greatly appreciate
    any bright ideas you may have. Thanks, Vita

    ---