My students works.......

From: Rosa Juliusdottir (rojul)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 09:55:09 PST

    I just thought I would tell you about that last Friday an Art Show opened
    at our Art Museum here in Akureyri. The works at the show are works by some
    of our best known painters since late 19th century ītil today. These works
    were chosen by two philoshopers at our University and an art historian,
    their theme and/or research; "how do icelandic artists interpret the child
    or children in their works". Then to go along with this show I was given
    the oportunity to work with my students on works that show how they
    themselves interpret children(themselves) in play or daily life. All my
    students or about 65 of them ranging in age 5 to 15 took part in this. We
    worked for several weeks(we meet once a week)and the results were some
    really big canvases painted with acrylic colours. Actually it is ten
    panels that are 2.10 mtrs. tall by one meter wide where two or three
    children worked on each panel. Then there are two panels that are 5 mtrs.
    wide by 1 mtr. high where 17 children worked on each panel and finally
    there are several works that were done straight on to the white stucco
    walls by ten teenagers(13 to 15 yrs.) The show has been a great success,
    our president came to the opening to the great delight of the students. I
    have a couple of url for you if you want to look at the works, one is just
    the works and is this: http://www.myndak.is/new/rk/born/008.html
    http://artak.art.is/
    the other is the art museum and has a bit of text in english too but not
    about the kids works, too bad.
    Hope you can visit and enjoy the works of some icelandic students.
    Best regards from the far north,
    Rosa

    ---