The GCI and ICCROM announce Architectural Records, Inventories, and Information Systems for Conservation (ARIS05), an advanced international course in architectural conservation, heritage recording, and information management to be held March 30-April 29, 2005, at ICCROM headquarters in Rome.
The course, designed in partnership by the GCI and ICCROM, aims to improve architectural conservation practice through the use of methods and tools for recording, documentation, inventories, and information management by:
- approaching architectural records and information management from the point of view of planning, practice, access, and dissemination;
- reviewing the theory of documentation and recording and its relation to specific situations;
- addressing recording practice based on specific case studies;
- promoting discussion among specialists in these fields; and
- enabling participants to transmit documentation knowledge, aptitudes, and skills.
Further information and application forms can be found on the ICCROM Web site
courseannoucements/2004_2005/200504ARIS.htm). The registration deadline is October 1, 2004.