China Principles at Chengde
Project Documents and Publications
Agnew, Neville, and Martha Demas, eds., Principles for the Conservation of Heritage Sites in China. 2nd printing with revision. Issued by China ICOMOS. Los Angeles: The Getty Conservation Institute, 2004. Bilingual Chinese-English text.
Chengde Cultural Heritage Bureau, Hebei Cultural Heritage Bureau, and Getty Conservation Institute. Assessment Report on Shuxiang Temple, Chengde, 2009. Two volumes downloadable in 12 sections.
Guolong Lai, Martha Demas, and Neville Agnew. "Valuing the Past in China: The Seminal Influence of Liang Sicheng on Heritage Conservation." Orientations, Vol. 35, No. 2 (March) 2004, 82-89.
Neville Agnew, Martha Demas, Sharon Sullivan and Kirsty Altenburg. "The begetting of charters: Genesis of the China Principles." Historic Environment, Vol. 18, No. 1 (September) 2004, 40-45.
Articles in the GCI newsletter
- GCI and Dunhuang Academy Mark Twenty-Year Collaboration (Spring 2010)
- Shuxiang Temple at Chengde (Summer 2007)
- China Principles Workshop (Summer 2006)
- Partnership: We're in This Boat Together (Fall 2004)
- Second Printing of China Principles (Fall 2004)
- China Initiatives (Fall 2003)
- China Principles (Summer 2003)
- China Principles Project at Chengde (Fall 2002)
- Silk Road Conference Update (Summer 2002)
- Wall Painting Conservation and the China Principles at Mogao Grottoes (Spring 2002)
- The China Principles (Summer 2001)
- China Principles Team Visits U.S. Sites (Summer 2000)
- Conservation Principles for Sites in China (Spring 1998)
Agnew, Neville, ed., Conservation of Ancient Sites on the Silk Road: Proceedings of an International Conference on the Conservation of Grotto Sites. Los Angeles: The Getty Conservation Institute, 1997. Downloadable in eight separate sections.
Agnew, Neville, ed. Conservation of Ancient Sites on the Silk Road: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on the Conservation of Grotto Sites, Mogao Grottoes, Dunhuang, People's Republic of China, June 28-July 3, 2004. Los Angeles: The Getty Conservation Institute, 2010. Downloadable in 11 separate sections. A bound copy is available for purchase at the Getty Bookstore.