This image is available for download, without charge, under the Getty's Open Content Program.
Open Content images tend to be large in file-size. To avoid potential data charges from your carrier, we recommend making sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network before downloading.
Not currently on view
William H. Mumler (American, 1832 - 1884)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States (Place Created)
1862 - 1875
Albumen silver print
9.5 × 5.6 cm (3 3/4 × 2 3/16 in.)
Portrait of a man with full sideburns looking down. A faint image of a woman is visible above him.
A Perfect Medium: Photography and the Occult (November 2, 2004 to December 31, 2005)
- Maison Europeenne de la Photographie (Paris), November 2, 2004 to February 6, 2005
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York), September 27 to December 31, 2005
Faking it: Manipulated Photography Before Photoshop (October 10, 2012 to August 25, 2013)
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York), October 10, 2012 to January 27, 2013
- National Gallery of Art (Washington, D.C.), February 17 to May 5, 2013
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, June 2 to August 25, 2013