Found: Palatine Hill, Villa Magnani, Rome, Italy (first recorded in Dallaway 1800)
Abbot Paul Rancurel (Villa Magnani, Palatine Hill, Rome)
by 1776 - 1779
Gavin Hamilton, British, 1723 - 1798 (Rome, Italy), sold to William Petty-Fitzmaurice, 1779.
1779 - 1805
William Petty-Fitzmaurice, second earl of Shelburne, first marquess of Lansdowne, 1737 - 1805 (Lansdowne House, London, England), acquired from his estate by his son, John Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, 1805.
1805 - 1809
John Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, second marquess of Lansdowne, 1765 - 1809 (Lansdowne House, London, England), by inheritance to his wife, Mary Arabella Petty, 1809.
1809 - 1810
Mary Arabella Petty, marchioness of Lansdowne, died 1833 (Lansdowne House, London, England), sold to her brother-in-law, Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, 1810.
1810 - 1863
Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, third marquess of Lansdowne, 1780 - 1863 (Lansdowne House, London, England), by inheritance to his heirs, 1863.
1863 - 1866
Henry Thomas Petty Fitzmaurice, fourth marquess of Lansdowne, British, 1816 - 1866, by inheritance to his heirs, 1866.
1866 - 1927
Henry Charles Petty-Fitzmaurice, fifth marquess of Lansdowne, 1845 - 1927, by inheritance to his heirs, 1927.
1927 - 1936
Henry William Edmund Petty-Fitzmaurice, sixth marquess of Lansdowne, British, 1872 - 1936 (Bowood House, Wiltshire, England) [offered for sale, The celebrated collection of ancient marbles: Property of the most honourable the Marquess of Lansdowne, Christie's, March 5, 1930, lot 36, bought back into the Lansdowne Collection and transferred to Bowood House, Wiltshire, England.], by inheritance to his heirs, 1936.
1936 - 1944
Charles Hope Petty-Fitzmaurice, seventh marquess of Lansdowne, British, 1917 - 1944 (Bowood House, Wiltshire, England), by inheritance to his heirs, 1944.
1944 - 1951
George John Charles Mercer Nairne Petty-Fitzmaurice, eighth marquess of Lansdowne, 1912 - 1999 (Bowood House, Wiltshire, England), sold to J. Paul Getty through Spink & Son, Ltd., 1951.
1951 - 1970
J. Paul Getty, American, 1892 - 1976 (Sutton Place, Surrey, England), donated to the J. Paul Getty Museum, 1970.