Open Content images tend to be large in file-size. To avoid potential data charges from your carrier, we recommend making sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network before downloading.
This image is available for download, without charge, under the Getty's Open Content Program.
Not currently on view
Beato took many views of the Taj Mahal, an iconic monument in India. Dating from the mid-seventeenth century the mausoleum built by the ruler Shah Jahan to honor his late wife is regarded as one of the best examples of the architecture of the Mughal period (1526-1858).
The Romance of the Taj Mahal (December 17, 1989 to November 4, 1990)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art, (Los Angeles), December 17, 1989 to March 11, 1990
- Toledo Museum of Art, (Toledo), April 23 to July 8, 1990
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, (Richmond), August 23 to November 4, 1990
Felice Beato: A Photographer on the Eastern Road (December 7, 2010 to May 6, 2012)
- The J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center, (Los Angeles), December 7, 2010 to April 24, 2011
- Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, (Tokyo), March 6 to May 6, 2012