by 1790 - 1792
French Crown, Garde-Meuble de la Couronne (Château des Tuileries, Paris, France), nationalized by the revolutionary government, 1792.
Source: the clock appears in the May 1790 inventory of the château des Tuileries, Paris, France, in the salle du conseil.
Note: Though it first appears in the 1790 inventory, the clock could have been delivered to the Tuileries as early as 1772-1777.
1792 - after 1796
French government, Convention Nationale, Garde-Meuble National (transported to the hôtel de Coigny, Paris, France, August 1792; moved to the cabinet de physique at the Louvre in 1794; delivered to the Parisian clockmaker Robert Robin in 1795; in the palais du Luxembourg in 1796)
Source: letters citing archival sources from the Archives Nationales, Paris, copies in the files of the Sculpture and Decorative Arts department, J. Paul Getty Museum.
Note: In 1832, a general inventory of all royal residences was completed and new numbers placed on all objects. This clock does not possess a number dating to that initiative, so it may have been sold before then.
Probably Léon Gabriel Leduc, marquis de Saint-Clou, French, 1798 - 1873 [sold, Objets d'Art et de Curiosité, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, February 25-26, 1861, lot 1, for 7,000 livres]
Note: Though his name is not printed on the cover of the sale catalogue, two different copies have "marquis de Saint-Clou[d]" inscribed on the cover.
Kraemer et Cie, French, founded 1875 (Paris, France), sold through French and Company, New York, to the J. Paul Getty Museum, 1973.