Man Ray, American, 1890 - 1976
Open Content images tend to be large in file-size. To avoid potential data charges from your carrier, we recommend making sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network before downloading.
This image is available for download, without charge, under the Getty's Open Content Program.
Not currently on view
Man Ray (American, 1890 - 1976)
United States (Place created)
Gelatin silver print
8.1 x 11.4 cm (3 3/16 x 4 1/2 in.)
© Man Ray Trust ARS-ADAGP
Man Ray studied life drawing at the National Academy of Design and the Art Students League. He may have made this nude, more conventional than his other photographs of the 1920s, as a reference for a painting or as an exercise to gain confidence with the camera.
A Practical Dreamer: The Photographs of Man Ray (October 27, 1998 to October 8, 2000)
- The J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center, (Los Angeles), October 27, 1998 to January 17, 1999
- Walker Art Center, (Minneapolis), April 2 to June 25, 2000
- Art Gallery of Ontario, (Toronto), July 13 to October 8, 2000
Man Ray Portraits (February 7 to September 22, 2013) (9)
- National Portrait Gallery (London), February 7 to May 26, 2013
- Scottish National Portrait Gallery, (Edinburgh), June 22 to September 22, 2013