This image is available for download, without charge, under the Getty's Open Content Program.
Open Content images tend to be large in file-size. To avoid potential data charges from your carrier, we recommend making sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network before downloading.
Leaf from Les Visions du chevalier Tondal
Simon Marmion (Flemish, active 1450 - 1489)
Valenciennes France Ghent Belgium (Place created)
Tempera colors, gold leaf, gold paint, and ink on parchment
Leaf: 36.3 x 26.2 cm (14 5/16 x 10 5/16 in.)
"The Visions of Tondal" and Manuscripts from the Time of Margaret of York (April 17 to July 1, 1990) (verso)
- The J. Paul Getty Museum (Malibu), April 17 to July 1, 1990
Illuminating the Renaissance: The Triumph of Flemish Manuscript Painting in Europe (June 17, 2003 to February 22, 2004) (14; verso)
- The J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center (Los Angeles), June 17 to September 7, 2003
- Royal Academy of Arts (London), November 29, 2003 to February 22, 2004
Images of Violence in the Middle Ages (December 21 2004 to March 13, 2005) (verso)
- The J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center (Los Angeles), December 21, 2004 to March 13, 2005
Medieval Beasts (May 1 to July 29, 2007) (verso)
- The J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center (Los Angeles), May 1 to July 29, 2007