possibly 1776 - 1782
Charles Watson-Wentworth, 2nd marquis of Rockingham, English, 1730 - 1782 (London, England), commissioned by him from Nollekens as part of the Judgment of Paris group, displayed in his Grosvenor Square House (London, England), by inheritance to his nephew William Wentworth, fourth earl Fitzwilliam.
Source: Penny, 1991, p. 28, refers to payments to the artist and p. 23, mentions the 1782 inventory for the location.
1782 - 1833
William Wentworth, 4th earl Fitzwilliam, English, 1748 - 1833 (Wentworth Woodhouse, Yorkshire, England), brought from London to Wentworth Woodhouse between 1782 and 1802, by inheritance within the Wentworth Fitzwilliam family.
Source: The sculpture was seen at Wentworth Woodhouse in 1802 by Richard Warner (Warner, A Tour through..., vol. 1 (1802), pp. 219-20).
1833 - 1986
Wentworth Fitzwilliam Family (Wentworth Woodhouse, Yorkshire, Enland) [sold, Christie's, London, July 15, 1986, lot 84, to Cyril Humphris]
1986 - 1987
Cyril Humphris, S.A. (London, England), sold to the J. Paul Getty Museum, 1987.