|Dates||active about 1748 - 1766|
The ceramic manufactory at Sceaux, outside of Paris, was founded initially as a faience factory about 1735 under the patronage of Anne-Louise Bénédicte, duchesse du Maine. In 1748 the original owner, Louis-François de Bey, went into partnership with Jacques Chapelle and began manufacturing soft-past
Shortly after Sceaux began making porcelain, royal regulations decreed that no manufactory other than the one at Vincennes was permitted to make painted and
In 1763 Chapelle retired as director and sold the manufactory in 1772. It continued to operate until 1810 but in its last years produced only common household ceramic objects.