The main role of a volunteer is to welcome visitors to the Getty Center and the Getty Villa and answer general questions about the sites. Volunteers are an integral part of Visitor Services and may also be asked to assist at special events, and help with special projects. We are also looking for Volunteers to help with the safe and orderly arrival of school groups on weekday mornings. We ask for a 2-year commitment to the Volunteer Program. Volunteers do not give tours and must be at least 18 years of age.
In addition to the online application below an interview is required.
Being a Getty Volunteer is:
- A hospitality/customer service role.
- Enjoying face-to-face contact with visitors at outdoor and indoor locations (everyone must do both).
- Being part of an enthusiastic, energetic group made up of students, professionals, homemakers and retirees who love interacting with the public.
Being a Getty Volunteer is not:
- A desk job.
- An educational/teaching role (For Docent Program Information contact DocentSchedule@getty.edu )
- An internship (For Internship information visit www.getty.edu/about/opportunities)
- A first step to getting a job at the Getty (For Employment information visit www.getty.edu/about/opportunities)